Why are we recruiting?
For a future production, we are looking for a Game Designer to strengthen the team behind "A Plague Tale: Requiem" from the pre-production phase.
Why is this a great opportunity?
Because it is the prospect of joining an experienced and very ambitious team in which you will be encouraged to give the best of yourself and ultimately continue to develop your expertise.
It is a human-sized team, so it is also the opportunity to be responsible, autonomous and referent on several design subjects at the same time, which you will have to ensure the complete follow-up throughout the production: from design to final implementation in the game.
Within the Design department, and under the supervision of Nicolas Castaing, Lead Game Designer, you will interact on a daily basis with 4 other Game Designers, but more broadly also with all the other trades - you will work to coordinate the efforts of everyone.
- You will participate in the different brainstorm phases at the start of the project
- You will be responsible for a set of design subjects that you will have to imagine, conceptualize, present and follow the implementation throughout production
The fundamentals to succeed in this role
- You have already experienced all the stages of a game production until its release
- You are comfortable in communication: easy to talk to, clear, synthetic, both in writing and orally (you know when to get up from your chair to speak aloud rather than send an email)
- You have solid knowledge in one or more areas of Game Design: 3C, AI, Interactions, UI, UX, Meta…
- You have a great capacity for analysis: knowing how to identify everything that makes a system work or not
- You are a rigorous, conscientious person, with a keen eye for detail
- You are a creative person and demonstrate originality in the ideas proposed while being able to question yourself / receive criticism.
- You have a very good video game culture
- You are able to work in french
The little extras to be even more comfortable in this role:
- You played A Plague Tale: Innocence and/or Requiem
- You have professional experience on a narrative adventure game, or at least a strong personal interest in the genre
- You have experience in scripting and/or using a game engine
If this opportunity sounds like a relevant next step for your career, we'd love to meet you. Do not hesitate to fill out the contact form below with your CV and cover letter (and if you have a portfolio to present to us, we are of course interested).
What are the next steps ?
- Study of your application
- Technical test
- Interview with a member of the HR team
- Technical interview with the Leads of the project
If you want to know us better, take a look at our Instagram. Otherwise you can also go to our LinkedIn, our Facebook page, or our Twitter account, there are plenty of things to discover about life in Asobo!
Asobo Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation