The team of Microsoft Flight Simulator is looking for an Engine Programmer !
The role of Engine Programmer is essential in our studio. This is why it requires a great deal of technical knowledge.
- You master the C++ language
- You have an excellent knowledge of CPU, GPU, memory, cache, etc…
- You have a solid understanding of mathematics and algorithms
- You master tuning tools on PC or console (PIX, RAZOR, NSight, VTune or other) and versioning tools
- You have already personally taken part in the implementation of optimized code for one or more platforms
- You have modern technical knowledge of rendering, audio or other areas applicable to video games
But, if on top of that:
- You have a thorough understanding of the DirectX 11 API SDKs and how they work internally, DirectX12 or Vulkan
- You know Xbox and/or Playstation systems
- You are aware of the SMD instruction sets (AVX, SSE, Altivec)
- You are familiar with modern network gaming platforms (Xbox Live, PSN, SteamWork, etc...)
Then this challenge is for you! Here are the details of your missions:
- You will have to respect and master the constraints of each of the target platforms...
- You will optimize the flow of real-time data and editing
- You will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing certain systems (e.g. rendering, audio, scene management, image processing, production flow, network, etc…) on several target platforms
- You will work closely with the Technical Director and the Lead Platform Programmer in an auditing and advisory role for artists and designers
- You will design and develop the tools required for production
See you soon!
The Asobo Team