Looking for a Tools Programmer to join us
If you like interfaces, coffee, surpassing yourself then keep reading, you will be interested!
We are looking for a talented, rigorous, and involved Tools Programmer to work on the next Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The role of tools programmer is essential within this project, he improves daily production efficiency by providing creation tools as close as possible to user needs.
This position requires a lot of interaction and therefore requires solid technical knowledge, coupled with very good interpersonal skills.
- You hold a diploma in computer science (engineering school or similar training)
- You have 3 years of experience or more in a similar position
- You have strong knowledge of C ++
- You have a good level in GUI / GUI development, and used to using GUI libraries (ImGui / Qt / Wpf / ...)
- You have a very good ability to listen and adapt
- You are sensitive to the well-being of your users, as well as to their satisfaction
- You demonstrate rigor and reliability
- You regularly use version management tools (Perforce / Git / SVN)
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language would be a plus (PowerShell, Python, ...).
And if you have an additional interest in aviation or flight simulators then this position is for you!
Within the Tool team, you will work on an already substantial codebase.
You will be responsible for developing, improving, and maintaining the in-game creation tools for the next Microsoft Flight Simulator. Here are the details of your missions:
- Depending on your area of expertise and your aspirations, you can work on content production tools for simulation, as diverse as:
- The plane editor
- The environment editor
- The mission editor
- The cinematic editor
- The editor of VFX
- etc ...
- In communication with the production teams and modders, you will take into account the feedback and will be able to propose your technical solutions
- You will also work in close collaboration with your Engine and Gameplay colleagues to find pragmatic solutions adapted to the existing code
- You will ensure the support of your developments via several communication channels (Internally / Chat / Forum)
- You will also be in direct contact with your colleagues from the QA team, who will certainly want to test the latest features before deploying them to several hundred users
- You will take part in the drafting of the public documentation of your tools
- You will present your work to your Tools colleagues during reviews, always with joy and good humor 😊
So far you're following us? If so, don't hesitate to fill in the contact form below with your CV and cover letter (and a link to your website or other projects... whatever you want!).
If you want to get to know us better, take a look at our Instagram. Or you can also visit our LinkedIn, Facebook page, or Twitter account, there's a lot to discover about life in Asobo! And sometimes we make pancakes!
See you soon!
The Asobo Team