Looking for a Tool Programmer to join us !
We are looking for a talented, rigorous, and involved Tool Programmer to work on Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The role of tools programmer is essential within this project, he improves daily production efficiency by providing creation tools as close as possible to user needs.
- You hold a diploma in computer science (engineering school or similar training)
- You have strong knowledge of C ++
- You have a good level in GUI / GUI development, and used to using GUI libraries (ImGui / Qt / Wpf / ...)
- You have a very good ability to listen and adapt
- You are sensitive to the well-being of your users, as well as to their satisfaction
- You demonstrate rigor and reliability
- You regularly use version management tools (Perforce / Git / SVN)
- You are comfortable in reading/writing/speaking English
And if you...
- have good knowledge of at least one scripting language (PowerShell, Python, ...).
- have an additional interest in aviation or flight simulators
...then this position is for you!
Within the Tools team, you will work on an already substantial codebase. You will be responsible for developing, improving, and maintaining the in-game creation tools for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Here are the details of your missions:
- Depending on your area of expertise and your aspirations, you can work on content production tools for simulation, as diverse as: the plane editor, the environment editor, the mission editor, the cinematic editor or the editor of VFX
- In communication with the production teams and modders, you will take into account the feedback and will be able to propose your technical solutions
- You will also work in close collaboration with your Engine and Gameplay colleagues to find pragmatic solutions adapted to the existing code
- You will ensure the support of your developments via several communication channels (Internally / Chat / Forum)
- You will also be in direct contact with your colleagues from the QA team, who will certainly want to test the latest features before deploying them to several hundred users
- You will take part in the drafting of the public documentation of your tools
- You will present your work to your Tools colleagues during reviews, always with joy and good humor
So far you're following us? If so, go in the blue banner below (do not hesitate to share with us a link to your website or other projects... whatever you want!).
If you want to get to know us better, take a look at our Instagram. Or you can also visit our LinkedIn, Facebook page, or Twitter account, there's a lot to discover about life in Asobo! And sometimes we make pancakes!
See you soon!
The Asobo Team