Why this recruitment?
We have a position for you to work on Microsoft Flight Simulator in the Environment Artist team!
Why is this a great opportunity?
Because it will allow you to contribute directly to a legendary license, with a very high standard of quality (+90 Metacritic) and millions of simers! You will work on very innovative technologies (photo realism). The project will also bring you artistic and technical challenges!
You will join a team which consists of 6 people, and you will be under the responsibility of Frédérick, Lead environment artist. On a daily basis you will work in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- You will create 3D meshes and assemble scenes for architectural (airports, cities, bridges…) and organic (parks, forests, canyons…) environments
- You will model photo-realistic next-gen objects
- You will create and use appropriate textures
- You will work within technical constraints and also define schedules
The fundamentals to succeed in this role
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role in the video game industry or in the 3D sector (design, architecture, cinema…)
- You have a strong knowledge of 3D software (3DS Max ideally), Substance Painter and Photoshop
- You pay attention to details while maintaining efficiency in visual production process
- You manage your work within a defined schedule
- You have a good eye and you are accurate to references
- You are motivated by pushing realism ever further while respecting optimization constraints
- You have a high degree of self-motivation, and you are able to take the initiative
- You are autonomous and have good communication skills
If this opportunity sounds like a relevant next step for your career, we'd love to meet you. Do not hesitate to fill out the contact form below with your CV, cover letter and your portfolio.
The next steps?
- Review of your application
- Technical assessment
- HR interview
- Technical interview with the Leads of the project
See you soon!
The Asobo team
Asobo Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation