Why this recruitment?
We are opening a Senior Engine Programmer position to strengthen the Microsoft Flight Simulator development team – The playing field is huge (the whole Earth!), and we are looking for a versatile profile who can contribute on very varied subjects.
Why you wouldn’t want to miss this
Because it's an opportunity to contribute directly to a legendary video game license, with very high standards of quality (+90 Metacritic). There are new systems to develop and existing ones to improve, and joining us in this position would assure you the opportunity to work in many different and exciting areas, with nothing being routine. If it is in your career plan, note that this can be a progressive position towards a Lead role within 1 year.
Under the supervision of Lionel, Technical Director, you will be part of the Engine team which has 20 members, spread over different subjects (SDK, World…)
• You will be involved in the entire asset creation pipeline, whether on the Asobo side or on the external partner side, from creation to implementation in the sim.
• Beside that, the goals are generalist with an important architecture part: these goals can be, for example:
- Package management
- The development of internal tools
- Security (encryption, DRM, etc.)
Keys to succeed in this role
• The only technical prerequisite is to have a solid experience in C++, and not necessarily in the video game industry.
• We will also expect from you a strong desire to ship your systems in the sim: you are autonomous and solution-oriented
• You are aware that nothing is possible without teamwork, so you know the importance of circulating information well and transmitting your knowledge to more junior profiles
The little extras to be even more comfortable in this role
• A personal interest in video games and/or the world of aviation
If this opportunity sounds like a relevant next step for your career, we'd love to meet you. Do not hesitate to fill out the contact form below with your CV and cover letter (and if you have a portfolio to present to us, we are of course interested).
If you want to know us better, take a look at our Instagram. Otherwise you can also go to our LinkedIn, our Facebook page, or our Twitter account, there are plenty of things to discover about life in Asobo!
The Asobo Team
Asobo Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation