Why are we recruiting?
For a future production, we are looking for an Engine/Systems programmer to strengthen the team behind "A Plague Tale: Requiem" from the pre-production phase.
Within the engine team which consists of 5 people, you will be under the supervision of Nicolas, Lead Engine Programmer. You will also work in collaboration with other departments.
- You will design, propose and implement engine systems
- You will maintain and optimize engine features on several target platforms such as rendering, audio, scene management, image processing, production flow, network, multithreading etc…
- You will have to respect and master the constraints of each of the target platforms
- You will design and develop the tools required for production
The fundamentals to succeed in this role
- You have strong knowledge of C++
- You have an excellent knowledge of CPU, memory, cache, etc… architectures
- You have a good understanding of GPU features
- You are curious, eager to learn, and eager to discover knew areas
The little extra to be even more comfortable in this role
- You have participated in every step of the production of a video game
- You have a thorough understanding of DirectX 11 or 12
- You have experience with Unity and Unreal
- You master tuning tools on PC or console (PIX, RAZOR, NSight, VTune or other)
- You know Xbox and/or Playstation systems
- You are aware of the AVX and SSE instruction sets
If this opportunity sounds like a relevant next step for your career, we'd love to meet you. Do not hesitate to fill out the contact form below with your CV and cover letter (and if you have a portfolio to present to us, we are of course interested).
What are the next steps?
- Review of your application
- Technical assessment
- HR interview
- Technical interview with the Leads of the project
The Asobo team
Asobo Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation