How would you like to provide virtual access to the whole world ?
The role of DevOps is essential within this project. You will improve the in-game services to add depth and ensure the 2m (and growing!) players have an enjoyable and accurate experience.
You will also be supporting public test versions of the product and services, gathering data and feedback in an effort to ensure we are ahead of any problems that may come our way.
Run the public test and production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our systems and services
Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large user software and service applications
- Gather and analyse metrics from both platforms and services to assist in performance tuning, fault finding, and service availability
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
- Be part of a 24/7 Support rotation
- Programming language: C #, C++, Net
- Containerization and orchestration: Kubernetes (Helm knowledge is a bonus)
- Source code repository: Perforce, Git
- Build and Deploy Automation: Azure DevOps
- Scripting: Bash, Powershell
- Cloud Providers : Azure
- Monitoring tools : Grafana, Application Insights, Prometheus
- Experience with CI/CD (Azure DevOps preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline
- Previous success in technical engineering
- Coding experience beyond simple scripts
- Interested in new technologies
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Interest and passion for games and games development
- French speaking would be a bonus, but not essential
So far you're following us? If so, don't hesitate to fill in the contact form below with your CV and your cover letter.
If you want to get to know us better, take a look at our Instagram. Otherwise you can also visit our LinkedIn, our Facebook page, or our Twitter account, there's a lot to discover about life in Asobo!
See you soon!
The Asobo team