Why are we recruiting?
We need a data analyst to understand how our players use our game and be able to investigate bugs or issues using telemetry. We also want to use these skills for procedural generation of game content.
Why is this a great opportunity?
Because it's an opportunity to contribute directly to a legendary video game license, with very high quality standards (+90 Metacritic). You will work with (very) big data: millions of players, billions of lines to analyze! It is also an opportunity to collaborate with all the departments of the studio and from our publisher Microsoft, you will be truly essential for any subject related to data for the whole studio. Another important point, you will be both an analyst while having the opportunity to contribute directly to the development of the sim, with a decisive influence on certain design choices.
Under the supervision of Damien, Game Design Director, you will interact on a daily basis with all the departments of the studio, both to respond to their specific requests and to provide them with information in a proactive way.
You will also work with a Data Scientist and a Data Engineer on whom you can rely if necessary.
- Reporting : manage and create top level reports on the game’s health
- Analytics : provide analysis to stakeholders that need insights
- Telemetry guidelines: define telemetry needs (format, triggers, content) for the gameplay programmers to implement
The fundamentals to succeed in this role
- You have minimum 3 years, ideally 5 years of experience or more as data analyst
- You are fluent in French and English
- Your are fluent SQL
- You significant experience with data visualisation softwares like Power BI or Tableau
- You are autonomous and are able to identify value reading data
The little extras to be even more comfortable in this role:
- You are familiar with game analytics (retention rate, churn, LTV, user segmentation, etc.)
- Experience with cloud data bases like Azure Synapse Analytics or Google Big Query, etc.
- Python experience
- You have experience in data-driven service design
If this opportunity sounds like a relevant next step for your career, we'd love to meet you. Do not hesitate to fill out the contact form below with your CV and cover letter (and if you have a portfolio to present to us, we are of course interested).
What are the next steps ?
- Review of your application
- Technical assessment
- HR interview
- Technical interview with the Leads of the project
If you want to know us better, take a look at our Instagram. Otherwise you can also go to our LinkedIn, our Facebook page, or our Twitter account, there are plenty of things to discover about life in Asobo!
The Asobo Team
Asobo Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation